Showing all 6 results
As a leading supplier of high-quality textiles, WELL FABRIC proudly presents Supima Cotton. With its exceptional quality and durability, Supima Cotton stands out among fabrics. With a minimum order quantity (MOQ) tailored to meet your needs, discover the finest Supima Cotton fabrics at WELL FABRIC. Experience the unparalleled softness and strength that sets Supima Cotton apart from the rest.
When it comes to selecting high-quality fashion garments or bedding, the choice of fabric truly makes a difference. Among the numerous materials used in the fashion industry, Supima cotton stands out with its unique characteristics and superior value.
To understand why Supima cotton is highly favored, let’s explore some useful information about this fabric and the reasons for choosing it:
1. Understanding Supima Cotton
Not all cottons are created equal. Supima cotton is a superior type of cotton grown in the USA; and is also the cotton brand from the Supima organization which was founded in 1954 in El Paso, Texas.
The name Supima is a combination of “Super” & “Pima” which means superior Pima cotton yarn. It represents less than 1% of cotton grown in the world. Supima unique from other cotton is the extra-long staple fiber that gives its premium properties: Strength, Softness, and Color retention.
1.2. What is Supima Cotton?
Supima Cotton is regarded as the premier luxury fabric worldwide, known for its extra-long staple fibers used in crafting high-end clothing.
Supima Cotton is woven from natural Pima cotton fibers but features a unique structure with extra-long fibers, providing a luxurious, lightweight feel and exceptional strength. After washing, Supima Cotton fibers have a shrink resistance that is five times greater than regular cotton.
Supima Cotton is renowned not only for the special characteristics of Pima cotton but also for the modern weaving technology applied to it. For instance, Supima Cotton is woven using the Double face structure, an advanced weaving technique widely used in Germany.
With 100% Supima Cotton, fabric products offer a smooth, comfortable feel, high sweat absorption, and excellent breathability. This fabric is safe for all skin types and ages as it is entirely natural.
2. Production process
Although born in an industrialized country, Supima Cotton fibers are still produced through manual processes.
Step 1: Ginning
+ Hand-picking cotton seeds to separate the fibers.
+ Compressing the cotton fibers into bales for the next stage.
Step 2: Rough carding
+ Placing the cotton fibers in a mixing machine for rough carding.
+ The fibers form a network similar to a rope.
Step 3: Processing impurities
+ Thoroughly removing impurities from the fabric fibers.
+ Rolling the complete cotton fibers onto threads to undergo the drawing process.
+ The fabric fibers become longer, stronger, and more durable.
Step 4: Weaving into fabric
+ Weaving the fibers into complete fabric sheets.
+ Dyeing the fabric according to various needs.
+ Supima Cotton fabric exhibits high colorfastness and can be dyed in various colors.
Remember that each step in the Supima cotton fiber production process is carefully executed and requires skilled craftsmanship to create this premium fabric material.
3. Advantages and Disadvantages
- High Durability: Supima cotton fibers are longer than regular fabric fibers, resulting in products with double the durability. This ensures product quality and prevents sagging after extended use. Additionally, premium Supima fabric is less prone to pilling, extending the lifespan of the product up to 10 years.
- Softness: The soft surface of Supima cotton fabric provides a comfortable and pleasant feeling compared to regular fabrics. This softness helps the fabric retain its shape after each wash.
- Color Retention: Supima fabric has excellent color absorption and retention, maintaining its vibrant appearance even after prolonged use. Clothing made from Supima cotton always looks fresh even after extensive wear.
- High Breathability: Supima fabric, made from premium cotton fibers, offers excellent breathability. The fabric allows air circulation, making garments more breathable and promoting good airflow.
- High Moisture Absorption: Supima fabric has double the moisture absorption capacity compared to regular fabrics, making it suitable for summer clothing.
- Longer Fibers: Compared to regular fabric fibers, Supima fabric fibers have an extra-long structure, providing softness and preventing fabric pilling after multiple washes.
- Higher Cost: Due to being a premium fabric and manufactured in specific countries, Supima cotton fabric is often more expensive. It is commonly used by renowned fashion brands and large-scale manufacturers.
- Limited Availability: Supima fabric is not widely used in regular apparel products. It is primarily utilized by high-end fashion labels. Despite the higher price, the benefits it offers to users make it worthwhile.
- Lower Thermal Retention: Supima fabric is suitable for summer wear as it doesn’t retain heat like other fabrics. It is not suitable for keeping warm in cold weather.
4. Applications of supima cotton fabric
Thanks to its outstanding advantages, premium Supima cotton fabric is widely used in everyday life.
4.1. Textile production for clothing
With its cooling properties, excellent sweat absorption, and long lifespan, high-quality Supima cotton fabric is used to manufacture various types of fabrics for clothing. Renowned fashion brands prefer using premium Supima fabric to create products such as t-shirts, dress shirts, sundresses, and skirts.
4.2. Undergarment manufacturing
Many lingerie brands utilize high-quality fabric fibers to produce underwear and meet the demands of discerning customers. The breathability and soft surface of Supima cotton provide a comfortable and non-irritating sensation to the skin.
4.3. Interior decoration
Supima cotton is also employed in the production of bed sheets. With its excellent sweat absorption, Supima cotton bed sheets enhance the sleep quality of users, particularly during the summer. Supima cotton is a durable material that resists color fading even after multiple uses.
Household items made from Supima fabric always maintain a fresh appearance and are unaffected by environmental factors or laundering processes, ensuring they do not appear worn out or faded.
5. Where to buy supima cotton fabric?
You can purchase Supima cotton fabric from various locations such as fabric stores and online shopping websites. One renowned brand that offers Supima cotton fabric is WELL FABRIC, a leading sustainable fiber provider in the Vietnamese and Southeast Asian markets, under the company Bao Lan.
- WELL FABRIC is a reputable brand with extensive experience in the textile industry. We place a strong emphasis on research and development (R&D) to ensure high-quality products for our customers.
- Additionally, WELL FABRIC offers flexible minimum order quantities (MOQ) to cater to the needs of our customers.
- We also hold quality certifications such as Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and GOTS, ensuring that our products meet safety and environmental standards.
Furthermore, WELL FABRIC provides Supima cotton fabric at competitive prices in the market. Please contact us to place an order for high-quality Supima cotton fabric at +84857902535 (Hotline) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is Supima cotton better than cotton?
Supima cotton surpasses regular cotton in several aspects such as durability, softness, color retention, and sweat absorption, making it considered a higher-quality cotton.
Is Supima cotton high quality?
Yes, Supima cotton is considered a premium material in the textile industry due to its durability, softness, and long-lasting color retention. Products made from Supima cotton often exhibit superior quality and are favored by renowned fashion brands.
How should Supima Cotton be cared for?
To maintain the durability and longevity of Supima cotton garments, it is recommended to follow these care instructions:
- Hand wash or gentle cycle: It is advisable to hand wash Supima cotton clothing to avoid fiber damage and preserve its softness. If using a washing machine, select a gentle cycle and use a protective laundry bag to prevent fiber snagging.
- Wash promptly after use: After wearing Supima cotton garments, wash them promptly to prevent moisture buildup, mold, and unpleasant odors. Particularly, if the clothing is soiled, clean it thoroughly before washing for optimal results.
- Avoid low humidity: Do not store Supima cotton clothing in low-humidity environments. As Supima cotton has excellent moisture-wicking and water absorption capabilities, keeping it in a low-humidity environment can lead to mold, odors, and potential staining on the fabric surface.
- By adhering to these care methods, you will help maintain the durability, softness, and prevent issues such as mold or odors for your Supima cotton garments.